Tomorrow is the day!! It looks like we have everything in place and ready for your return! We are so excited to see you!! Just a quick note to let you know we will not be handing out message notes at the church, but if you would like notes they will still be accessible here on the website. You can print them out and bring them or just bring them up on your phone and follow along that way. Once again, we would like to emphasize things are different. We know this can be frustrating, scary, infuriating, confusing, awkward and a million different feelings and emotions. Can we just say we get it. Over the last months we have felt it too. There are things that are confusing, frustrating and things that don't seem to make sense. We are all feeling it and I think if we realize that, and simply come back together and say we get it, we are here for you and now let's worship, we are going to press through to better days...together. You are loved! See you soon.
Well, our anticipation is building for this Sunday's relaunch of The Refuge Church!! We have been working hard to make sure everything is prepared and in order for you to come back and worship with us on sight! In today's update, We just want to share a few reminders about logistics and activities.
1. Please remember that Celebrate Recovery will be starting back up on June 2! At least in the beginning there will be no 6:00 dinner served as usual. Instead, the main meeting will begin at 6:00 P.M. instead. If you are a regular attender of C.R. or know someone who may want to attend please make a note and share!
2. If you are bringing your children this Sunday Miss Dana is very anxious to see them all!! When you come please remember that the children will be with Miss Dana for the entire service. With this in mind we are asking that you please drop your kids off at the Children's church room door on the Commercial side of the building. You can also pick them up there when service is over. We are doing this in an attempt to maintain the social distancing recommendations as best we are able.
3. When you come to church, please enter in through the main entrance next to the office and sanitize your hands. If you would like to wear a mask, they will be provided at the main entrance as well. Masks are not require but if you would prefer we invite you to please wear one.
When service is over, please exit through the conference room doors adjacent to the stage. Again, in an effort to maintain social distancing recommendations we are trying to allow those who are exiting the 9:45 service to leave while those who are coming for the 11:30 will be coming in.
4. Please note: The worship team, as well as Pastor Tom and Ann are going to be doing a quick sweep and clean of the church in between services. Since that time is going to be very limited please know we are not trying to be rude or uncaring if we don't have time to stop and visit. WE LOVE YOU very much and are looking forward to the time when some of these restrictions and suggestions are lifted, but at the moment we are trying to do the best we can to minister as well as keep everyone safe, healthy and well.
5. If you are not feeling well, have a fever, cough, cold or are in any other way feeling under the weather please do not come to service until you are feeling better. We will be live streaming the 11:30 A.M. service and we invite you to join us there.
Finally, if you are a part of the Refuge Church family and have not been contacted regarding what service you would like to attend, PLEASE call the church at (541) 269-0872 so we can get you connected with one our service. Thank you for your help!
Again, we realize that some of the things we are doing right now may be inconvenient and frustrating. We understand this completely and only ask that you be patient and work with us during this time in order to help us come back together as a church family.
During tonight's "Life In The Vine" study we will be sharing some very important announcements regarding our Sunday morning relaunch on May 31. Please tune in at 7 P.M. tonight right here on the website, on The Refuge Church Facebook page: Facebook.com/therefugechurch3 or on The Refuge Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TRCOG
Hey Refuge family, we are excited to announce that we will be opening for Sunday services on Pentecost Sunday, May 31. However, due to the continuing Coronavirus restrictions we will temporarily be limited to 25 people per service. With this in mind we will be relaunching with at least two services. First service will be from 9:45-11:00 A.M. After first service we will be taking a 30 minute break in order to sanitize our chairs, bathrooms and frequently touched surfaces. Second service will begin after cleaning at 11:30 A.M.
In order to accommodate the need to organize these services you should, if you are a regular attender of The Refuge be receiving a call or text to help share information about what service to attend. Please be aware that our heart is to be able to gather together and worship with all of you. The only way we can do that, at this present time is to reserve seating. We understand this may not be the most convenient, but we are asking that you please be patient and work with us as we transition back into public meetings. If you are a regular attender of The Refuge and do not receive a call within the next week, please call the church at (541) 269-0872 or email us at We will not miss anyone on purpose, but if we do mistakenly miss you we want to make sure we are in contact with you. If we have more people than we are able to accommodate in two services, we will consider adding a third. We want to serve you to the best of our ability.
We realize that some may feel uncomfortable about coming back to church right away due to various health concerns. We want you to know that we understand this and support you completely in this decision. Please know that we love you and are working to continue serving you until you are ready to return to be with us in person. In the meantime, we will be continuing with our Sunday morning livestream. Our plan, as of the time of this update is to livestream the 11:30 service.
During the next two weeks we will be doing our best to provide you with ongoing updates. There is much more to share in the coming days! Our desire is to keep you fully informed of what is happening with YOUR church family. We love you! Stay Safe and Stay Tuned! Greater things are yet to come!!!